Building Site & Foundation:
Every C.P. Berry-built home begins with a solid foundation.
- Mechanically Compacted Sub Grade – to ensure no settlement issues
- Steel Reinforced concrete footings with keyways.
- Foundation walls reinforcement – both horizontally and vertically with a steel reinforcing bar cage tied into the footing.
- Foundation waterproofing system – Tremco TUFF-N-DRI 40 mil, spray applied, flexible waterproof coating with a 1-3/16 inch thick Warm-N-Dri insulation/drainage board cover providing a 30 year Warranty. A foundation underdrain system consisting of a 4″ perforated footing underdrain encased in 3/4″ crushed stone covered with filter fabric and sand backfill.
- A 10-inch crushed stone subbase under concrete basement floors
- Active Dampness Control System by HomeAire reduces moisture and potential radon before they enter the home by drawing air from beneath the basement floor slab and venting through the roofline. This system effectively reduces moisture, radon and other harmful soil gases from entering the home. It also prevents more than 1,000 gallons of water per year from entering the home, thus reducing moisture related health hazards such as insect infestation of mold and mildew. Optional in condominium homes, which will include a passive system as standard.
- The basement floor consists of a professionally installed 4 inch thick 3,500 psi concrete slab with cut control joints, underlain by a polyethylene vapor barrier, with expansion foam along all foundation walls.
- Walkout basement foundation insulation of 2″ rigid foam board extends 4 feet deep on the inside faces of foundation walls with a full thermal break in the floor system.
- 18″ diameter, 4 foot deep, reinforced concrete sonotube footings supporting the rear deck.
- Professionally installed brick pavers are used on each walkway and patio.
Frame & Structural Components:
C.P. Berry Homes are built with solid quality framing products including:
- Kiln Dried Lumber
- 2 x 6 Exterior Walls
- Steel beams and LVL structural beams
- Zip Wall exterior sheathing system with all seams taped
- 5/8″ AC plywood roof with H-clips
- 3/4″ Stabledge or Advantech subfloor- glued and nailed to prevent floor squeaks
- All floor joist hangers are glued to avoid squeaks
To ensure low maintenance and waterproof performance, C.P. Berry Homes utilizes only the best products for the building envelope.
- Roof – First, the ENTIRE roof surface is covered with an ice and water shield membrane. Then, CertainTeed Landmark PRO roofing shingles are professionally applied by our experienced roofing subcontractor. The shingles are covered with a lifetime limited warranty which includes 50 year coverage for condominium associations.
- Siding – HardiePlank prefinished fiber cement siding professionally installed to strict standards.
- Soffits -Pre-painted fiber cement soffit boards.
- Trim – Pre-primed & painted Centurion pine trim and PVC trim.
- Cultured Stone veneers by Owens Corning on certain home styles.
- High performance Vicon Classic windows by Harvey Building Products with all flanges caulked and sealed to the zip wall system.
- High performance Harvey patio doors
- ThermaTru Classic-Craft mahogany stained front entry doors and sidelights
- Each custom home includes a high-quality, full glass panel storm door.
- Garage Doors – Steel insulated Carriage-Style doors with divided light windows by Wayne Dalton Model 8500 Sonoma with Stockton window. Over-sized 18′ wide X 8′ high on 2-car garages and 9’wide X 8′ high on single garages. Each door includes a one half horse power overhead door opener with infra red safety beam, interior switch and 2 controllers.
- Decking – Maintenance-Free solid PVC decking
- Deck Rails – Maintenance-Free PVC composite railing system
- Cupolas and Copper Weathervanes – Custom built cupolas with copper roofs and weathervanes on every custom single-family home garage.
- Solid Granite Entry Stairs and Landing
Interior Trim Details:
All homes include numerous enhanced millwork and trim details.
- Interior doors – Solid core smooth skin masonite doors
- Schlage Brushed Nickel door hardware
- Brushed Nickel hinges, installed after painting
- Brushed Nickel door stops, towel bars, towel rings and paper holders
- 5 1/4 inch baseboard
- 3 1/2 inch Stafford custom casing
- Crown molding on first floor and finished lower level*
- Chair rail and shadow boxes in Dining Room*
- Transom lights over kitchen and master bedroom doors on selected homes and locations
- Custom 4 foot wide hardwood stairs and over-the-post rail system with Beech newels and decorative balusters
- ClosetMaid Superslide vinyl-coated steel wire shelving closet organizers. Custom closet systems also available.
- Hand plastered walls and ceilings
- Custom built Kitchen and Vanity cabinetry with numerous custom features
- Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Hardwood flooring on the main living floor – Dining Room, Sunroom, Living Room, Kitchen, Foyer, Breakfast Room and Powder Room
- Frameless shower doors
- Gas fireplaces with granite surrounds and mantels
- First floor laundry room
Safety & Mechanical Systems:
C.P. Berry Homes utilize top quality safety and mechanical systems to ensure the best safety condition, long term performance, and energy efficiency.
- HVAC – The heating and air conditioning system is a High Performance, 95% efficient, 2 Stage Variable Speed Gas Furnace, forced hot air system by American Standard. The air conditioning system by American Standard is a SEER 14 high efficiency Energy Star qualified system. A proper heating and cooling calculation by Manual J has been completed on each home per Energy Star guidelines, and the performance of the systems verified with an AHRI Certificate.All ductwork is insulated with R6 insulation and each section is sealed. Prior to plastering, the ductwork is pressure tested for leakage by our Energy Star consultant to ensure air tightness. High Efficiency Ultravation 5-inch thick MERV 11 rated air cleaners are used on all systems. Each floor is individually zoned with mechanical dampers. Top quality American Standard programmable thermostats are used in each of the zones. To ensure proper humidity during the dry Winter season, each home is fitted with an American Standard central humidifier which adds moisture to the forced hot air system, making it more comfortable at a lower temperature setting.
- Fire Sprinkler System – All homes at Rolling Green at Topsfield are designed to provide the ultimate fire safety system utilizing an Active Fire Protection System (Fire Sprinklers) and a Passive Fire Protection System (our central fire alarm system). Both systems are operating 24/7 and respond immediately when it is most critical, limiting the spread of deadly heat and toxic smoke. It can take only minutes for a fire to get out of control. About 90% of residential fires can be controlled by only one sprinkler head. Each head operates individually minimizing water damage in case of a fire. All of our sprinkler heads are finished with an attractive decorative cap. Beyond safety, the sprinkler system also benefits the home owner by increasing the value of the home and decreasing insurance costs. Each system is maintained by the Association.
- Plumbing – All of our homes are fitted with quality Kohler plumbing products. Our standard fixtures, such as Devonshire, are typically upgrades in most new homes. Water and sewer usage is included as part of the Association fees in condominium communities
- Electrical – All units have 200 amp panels and are wired to meet and exceed all code requirements, including the newest arc-fault and ground-fault safety circuits. All bedrooms, sunrooms, living rooms, lofts, offices and great rooms include a cable TV and telephone receptacle with each line running to the central panel.
- Central Vacuum – All custom single-family homes are equipped with a performance proven Vac-U-Flo central vacuum system. Condominium homes include pre-ducting for the optional vacuum system. The system includes exterior venting to improve air quality by eliminating 100% of vacuumed dirt, dust and allergens. Vac-U-Flo’s Lifetime
Limited Warranty covers all permanently installed components for as long as you live in your home. The system includes all upgraded attachments and a turbine power head. Several upgrade options are available, including the Vroom retractable hose attachment and the Vac Pan toe kick accessory.
- Security & Fire Alarm System – All homes are hard wired to a central panel with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as well as a security system with door and window contacts on the first floor and lower level. The Association monitors the fire safety, ambulatory and security features of the system, and conducts yearly maintenance and testing. These services are included as part of the association fees in our condominium communities.
- Prewired Stereo System – Prewiring for stereo is included in all custom homes and available in our condominium homes during pre-construction.
- * There may be variations in certain Quality Details between custom single-family homes offered by C.P. Berry Homes and condominium units/homes offered by C.P. Berry Homes. Refer to the Specifications for the property you are purchasing for the specific details or consult with our Sales Director for clarification.
C.P. Berry Homes are protected by our exclusive warranty program, giving peace of mind to our customers.